Good ideas for fixing PAINT CHIPS?

Hey guys, what's up? I just dropped the loot on a slightly used 97
Trek. It was worth the cash, but my stomach turned and I almost lost it
the other day when I was at the spray and wash. I've washed a lot of
cars, I mean a lot of cars, but after I was finished washing my baby,
and I was running the shammy over the hood, I noticed chips. Not just
the typical road chips, but chips that were obvisiously made by the
sprayer! I was spraying at least three feet away so my I'm getting a
hold of a lawyer now, but MY QUESTION is what can I do about these
small but scatered shotgun-spray-like scratches? If anyone has any
ideas I would be very appreciative. Thanx

jC
'97  Red Trek
V W 4 L I F E