Re: Cleaning rims

In a message dated 6/10/00 8:50:10 PM Central Daylight Time, Jdr050@aol.com
writes:

<< Can anyone suggest an inexpensive, good cleaner for rims? >>

Simple Green. You can get it anywhere, it's relatively inexpensive, and works
like nothing I've ever seen. Safe, won't hurt clearcoat/paint. Use a 50/50
solution, and spray away. If they're really nasty (like driving dirty wheels
thru the rain) use a wheel brush. You can also use it to wash the car,
although at a MUCH more diluted rate. Gets the roadfilm off, and if you want
to strip the wax for whatever reason, use a bit stronger mix. I use it for
everything: cleaning wheels/tires, removing bugs/grease, cleaning the side
skirts and black bumper areas, washing down the engine. The stuff rocks. I
even use it in the laundry (get those whites their whitest...), and for the
car towels.

David Steele
1998 JettaGLX TRed
1988 JettaGL White