RE: Quick, easy, and cheap way to kill DRL's...

Cab:

Beware not all A3's have the same relay number and jumper setup to
disconnect the DRL's.
They varied slightly from model year to year.  I know that when I did mine
('95 MY)it was slighlty different from a friends VW which was a '96 MY.  As
a rule who ever attempts this procedure should always check a wire diagram
(schematic) or trace all wires before changing anything from stock.

Dr. Bob