-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Warren [mailto:tofer@mindspring.com]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2000 9:08 PM
To: WCVW; VW-VR6 LIST; 'VW-A3-2L LIST; V A G (VW MAILING) LIST; Jetta GLX
mailing LIST; Drivers Wanted LIST; CLUBVAC LIST; Club H20 LIST;
NorthernTouchCrew LIST
Cc: emilie (HOME) Warren; Phillip Anderson; Mike Masson
Subject: A/C woes

Hey there fellow VWer's,
I would like to know about what (if any) trouble you may have had with the
A/C on your A3 Jetta/Golf.
My '97 Jetta has decided to stop blowing cold air thou everything else
works....  so now it seems to be time for a refrigerant re-charge.
Well so far it seems as if I am about to get screwed in the $$ to have this
done.
(minimum charge of $120 + from dealers and shops in the Seattle, WA area)
Is this something that with the R-134a refrigerant that one could/can do
yourself (like the old toxic R-12)?
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Tofer  *  <mailto:tofer@mindspring.com> tofer@mindspring.com
ICQ # 7958410  * AOL Instant Messenger "cwjetta" *
'97 Jetta GT (Numerous mods) VW Clubs....  VW & H20
Seattle Mariner's, N Y Yankee's & U. W. Huskies
:-) i souport publik edekasion!  :-)