new passat?

right...so i guess you guys have noticed that i keep bringing up the passat
here?  if i'm in the way, just tell me to kindly piss off, and i'll do so.
but i do get the impression that there's enough interest on this list, so
here goes...

did some research on the 2001 passat tonight.  couldn't really find
anything...i hit all the international VW sites i could (that's always a
lot of fun...there's some really neat stuff out there; brazil in particular
has some really goofy models) hoping to get some inside information and
didn't really catch anything.

the only thing i saw that looked intriguing was a concept car on the
australian site.  i'm gonna try to attach the file, but i'm not sure about
how things like that go over on the list, so it may not work.  anyway, the
URL for the article is:

http://203.29.204.237/phpfiles/vw_php/read_news.phtml?article=08c1a15424edc2
2540c8ac1735f59024

d'you guys think the new passat will look something like this?  the only
person i know of on the list with inside info is phil teves, who has
apparently seen pics of the new one.  is this close; and might we get a
sneak peek, phil?

anyway, just to pique your interest, the pic is of a prototype from some
australian car shows. the luxury car of the future or something.  it's only
got a 10 cylinder turbo diesel engine...

yum!  questions, comments, suggestions?

gary

2000 Passat GLX 4motion (indigo blue/black, responds to the name "Algernon")