air conditioner vent

Listers:

The other day I was trying to adjust the air vent to
blow onto my face on a hot day, and it didn't work.
It is the passenger vent right above the radio.  I
can't adjust it left/right anymore.  It looks like the
tiny hinge on the little nub that adjusts it has
broken.

Has anyone had this happen?  I'm assuming that the
plastic part just couldn't handle the extreme g-force
of my vr6's acceleration, fracturing and breaking.  I
would like to fix it though.  How do I take it apart?

Any info would be appreciated.

ROB
'97 VR6 Jetta
So damn fast the vents bread edition