Re: M3 test-drive

>Why? Did you like my review? Are you thinking about one, too?
>
>The brakes are incredible. All the magazines raved about them, and I
>see why.  Only two factory cars (until recently) can outbrake the M3
>- both from 60-0 and 100-0. Both are Ferraris.
>
>There is a little play in the pedal prior to engagement, but I did
>not find it disconcerting. Bobby commended my control of them (he
>used to race), stating that one other friend he let drive the car
>had them lurching at every stop. I'm a variable-pressure braker, not
>an all-or-nothing like some, and there was good brake feel and
>response throughout the throw of the pedal. Not at all catchy or
>spasmatic, rather quite consistent.
>
>It's a very stable and responsive car, from the revving (or should I
>call it furious growl) of the engine and the brisk acceleration, to
>the quick turn-in or lane-change, to the rapid deceleration.
>Beautiful BMW balance!

We're talking about the conservatively styled M3 Coupe, right, and
not the M Coupe, which looks quite a bit more aggressive... same
thing as the M roadster, but without the hardtop. The entire M line
of cars from BMW are nice sportscars from what I've seen-- the
primary problem I'd have with it is the lack of 4WD, but that's my
own preference...

Ideally, you'd buy a RWD sportscar for the summer months, and have an
AWD with some decent clearance for the winter months. ;)

-Khan
--

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax