stereo code

Hi everyone,

I just bought a 95 GLX and have several questions/comments which I'll
defer to a slightly later post. I accidentally left the door ajar which
resulted in a dead battery. I have the stereo code from the previous
owner, but don't have the owners manual yet (it's on its way).

Can you help me enter the code into the VW premium audio system ?
The stereo display reads "SAFE" at the moment. When I press "Mode+Scan"
stogether, the display reads "1000" - I don't know what to do from here
to enter the code.

Thanks !
Murari Srinivasan