Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V4 #29

As far as Eagle GA's go, they basically meet the definition of a tire and that's about it!  They are round, and have tread.

However, these tires are unpredictable in dry handling, terrible in wet handling and basically crap!  The first thing I did when I bought my 1998 Jetta GLX was take them off and sell them.  Try a different tire and you will see the difference hands down.  I'm running a set of Pirelli P7000 Summer's in the warm months and Pirelli Winter 210's in the cold.  Maybe some don't want to take the plunge for two sets of tires....so the Yoko Avid A+4's are good as are the A509's and quite affordable too!

-John