Re: ABS light

At 6:00 AM -0500 1/25/2000, JetTAFLiTe@aol.com wrote:
>dr.bob/don
>
>i pretty sure most people are referring to the actual business place when
>they say "stealership". at least i know i do. no offense to you because i
>know you guys are only working there and really dont have much control over
>what prices you can charge.  but lets be honest....its like being robbed
>without a gun when you buy parts from a dealership....for example: $12.00 for
>wiper refills (thats just the rubber...not the metal frame that holds the
>rubber) when Pep Boys charges $2-3.00
>
>again...most, if not all, of us are not referring to the employees when we
>say "stealership"

This is bullshit, no matter how you slice it.

If you don't like the dealership's prices, then DON'T BUY YOUR PARTS THERE.

You have two options:

1. Buy it
2. Don't buy it.

Nobody asked you to not buy it and then whine about the price.

I hate whiny penny pinchers. Penny pinchers are fine. They are
thrifty perhaps. And people who can appreciate the value that a
dealership may offer are fine too. What drives me nuts are the people
who think that they have been "put out" by some company because of
the prices they charge, when they haven't actually even bought the
product, or received the service.

Who are you to tell some business what they should charge? Our
economic system exists in such a manner that you get to vote with
your dollars. If you don't like the prices, buy it somewhere else,
but quit referring to American capitalism as "stealing" or a place of
business that charges what the market can bear as "stealership".

You are simply exposing your wide chasm of economic ignorance when
you do. Go to Val-U-Car and buy your stinking blades. That is your
prerogative-- not to berate some business for charging what people
happily pay because they don't want to drive around to 12 different
places to get the lowest price.

What I hate are crummy dealerships like Chaplin's in Bellevue, WA.
Compared to someone like Roger Jobs in Bellingham, WA, they suck. I'd
happily buy $12 wiper refills from Roger Jobs, but I wouldn't even
pay $1.99 at Chaplins, even if it means I have to drive 90 miles to
get my $12.00 blades.

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax