From: Rob Hinkle
To: gtivr6list@gti-vr6.net
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 1997 8:23 AM
Subject: [gtivr6list] Newbie is stuck!

    Hey gang, I signed up on this list cause Im new to the whole GTI thing. I just bought a '96 GTI VR6 yet, I hardly know anything about it. Theyve always fascinated me. Friends used to talk about their performance and Ive read a few articles here and there. Well, anyway... I tripped the standard equipped anti-theft alarm... and now my radio wont work!! It says "SAFE" when I turn it on. I know its probably something stupid but I figured you guys would know how to get it back up... Thanks..

Bob Hinkle
Louisville, Kentucky (VERY FEW GTI's down here!!!)