RE: ABS

All Jetta GLX and GTI-VR6 models had a traction control system of some sort.
'95 and older models used the Teves 04 system (w/ manual rear brake
proportioning), while '96+ models used the Teves 20. I don't think there is
much difference between the two in that they both use brake assist. This
feature CAN be disabled (but not at the dealer), but I believe there is a
chance ABS may become disabled as well.

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue