Help!! car struggling in the cold

Hello all...

  I see I am not the only one having issues with this cold weather...  My
problem has me perplexed.  My car is running very rough( no check engine
light), missing perhaps, and sometimes it gets better when warmed up, but
today it never ran right.  I checked the coil pack, and all "looked" well,
then checked plug connection,ok as well.  I am stumped  :-(  I want to try to
fix this quick and cheep(just did clutch and lightened flywheel last week
$$$$) because money is tight.  The car is a 95 Jetta VR6 with 82k, remus
exhaust, 8mm plug wires, Garrett v. 9 ( 9? I think) chip, K&N panel
filter.... and tons more, but only these effect the engine.  Could it be the
coil pack, wires( they are only 1 1/2 yrs old), or something else.  Anybody
who has had simlar problems, or knows what it might be, please let me know
ASAP...

  thanks everyone, respond in private please if you like

jeff
95 vento VR6 modded....