Re: [VW-VR6] painting car

I had my whole car repainted -- a different color too (from red to black).
I got it done at Maaco.  People tell me that I was lucky, because I had a
good job done, and Maaco supposedly isn't so good.  But my car looks great.
I didn't even get the clearcoat either.  Since I had to get the door jambs,
inside trunk lid and hood painted also, I spent extra.  But if you don't
need that stuff repainted, the ultra-urethane will run about $600, with the
clear-coat about $1000-1200.

Eric Wang
1994 black Vento VR6 / aftermarket Trek edition -- Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein
Sport shocks and struts, Remus cat-back exhaust, Autotech Q-Chip, K&N
drop-in filter, Mintex Redbox pads, BBS RZ-II, 1998 Green Trek 930
http://www.princeton.edu/~ericwang