Re: Old Cars

I can't remember the exact sticker price, but i do remember my license plate
NDH-222, for whatever that is worth; my first GTI was Black with Blue interior,
sunroof, ac, no wing windows edition; i had just put on new wheels and tires,
springs, shocks, and stress bars; pushed it too hard on a cool
evening.........rolled it :(

have owned two other 84 GTI's since then.........love them.

i come across them every so often and get the urge to buy one again; keep it for
a while, sell it, start over again............

you know how it goes....

now that you have me thinking about my first VW, i remember how much i loved that
car; i took such good car of it; washed it all the time, always tinkering with
it; had great friends who got me into auto x back in 1984;  damn i wish i had not
been so irresponsible when i was 16; if i had to do it over again, i would do it
different (heard that one before?)...................i love memories

thanks for the reminder of my first VW :)

chris collier
collier@iglou.com

P.S- when i was stripping down one of my recent 84 GTI's, i found the original
window sticker, up in the headliner (have no idea how it got there); it as
manufactured in Pennsylvania, and if i recall correctly, it was about $8000.00

Anybody know for sure how much the 84 A1 Rabbit GTI's were?