RE: VW Pointer??

Living & working in the Houston area, I see Pointers as well as other Mexican
market VWs on a regular basis (about once a week).  However, I've never seen
one with Texas (or any other domestic) license plates.  I wonder if this is an
indicator that VW will start to bring this car to the US or if there is
someone out there who is federalizing these cars?

Michael Keith
Pasadena, TX
'98 Jetta GLX
'85 Golf SCCA ITB