Cool VW toy site

Thought there might be someone interested in this...

I came across this site after searching around the internet for Schabak
model cars.  I had recently found one at a local (Fairfax,VA) dealer's parts
department but the guy couldn't tell me if they had the vr6 version of the
vento.  So that's when the search on the internet started.

The company's name is Scalewagon in Illinois. It's funny that they have the
vr6 model but not the plain vento model in 1/43.  From the looks of it, the
only difference is the spoiler on the trunk.

Check it out.

<http://secure.gminc.com/Pages/Products.cfm?make=20&model=23>
or <http://www.scalewagen.com/index2.html>

The 1/43 is actually a decent size.  I purchased one of the 1/87 sized
vento's off of ebay.  The thing was almost an inch long.  The 1/43 that I
got from the dealer is about 3 inches.  What's nice about it is that the
hood opens, doors open, and the trunk even opens.

They also have under their Accessories section, replacement wheels...but
only for the 1/87 size.

Does anyone else know of places to get jetta/vento model cars.  I've seen
the beetle everywhere but would rather have the jetta.

Thanks, and I hope one of you might find this site of interest!

Andy Hight
'97 Black Jetta GLX
(still missing it's passanger door molding)