Check Engine Light

Hi, I've never posted on this list before but I have been reading it for
about 6 months. I have a '98 Jetta GT (sorry VR6 guys) and my check engine
light keeps coming on, then going off. Sometimes it will stay on for up to a
week, sometimes just for a minute. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks
now. Has anyone had a similar problem with VR6 or 2.0L? I would go to the
dealer and have them check it but my warranty is up and I know they would
love to charge me lots and lots of money, and I don't have that kinda money
cause it's all in my new wheels/tires account. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott Ensminger
'98 Porcelain Blue Jetta GT