Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V4 #39

    I actually use 94 octane.  You can get it from Sunoco (Here in civilised
canada...)  You pay more for it, but Sunoco has a deal with CAA whereby a certain
percentage of your membership is paid off with every purchase.  Of anything.  So
gum is in there too.  :)

    I found moving from 92 to 94 caused the engine to run about 5 degrees C
cooler, and pinging on cols startup (like at -30C) is unknown.  And quick.   PLus,
i find acceleration to be smoother as well, with zero hesitation.

    All i gotta do now is get the Garret chip in it to REALLY take advantage of
the octane boost.

Sundie...