Which Oil??

I am new to the list and have not been able to find a good discussion
aboout oil. I have a '95 Jetta GLX and every time I ask someone what oil
they run in their VR6 I get a different answer. I was thinknig about Mobil
1 10/30 but I am still unsure. What does everyone use, and do you use the
same oil all year?? I live in Long Island , NY to give an idea of tempature
conditions. Even VW direct had conflicting answers!! Thanks for your
help......

Sean
'95 Jetta GLX w/mild mods