Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V4 #278

i know i've read about some of you having problems with your power windows conking out on you.  i had a problem with my driverside front window a few months back, and had brought it to the dealer to be fixed.  they told me the motor had to be replaced, and charged me a retarded amount of $$$$ to do so.  since then my rear passenger window has gone the same route.  i don't think its the motor, because just prior to crapping out it made a popping/grinding sound that sounded more mechanical than electrical.  i'm bringing it in to a local shop to be fixed on monday, and would like to walk in their with some confidnce of what it may be before i leave the car.  hopefully this will prevent me from being financially sodomized again (i'm still sore from the last time).  thanks for your help and comments.

also, my glx is a 95, and came stock with BBS which are getting to be a real pain to keep clean, and are also developing corrosive nooks.  if anyone else had this problem and knows of a good cleaner or protectant let me know.

my blk glx