RE: Riceboy sighting...

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Andrea wrote:

> I never called any of you bigots.  I just said that you should consider
> other people when you talk.  Because of the fact that you choose to use
> that inappropriate term, you should accept the fact that other people won't
> agree with it.  And, the fact of the matter is, you all know that some
> people will find it offensive, so deal with it when people point that fact
> out to you.

Please take a moment to understand what I said in my previous message. The
term is NOT any more negative or positive than "geek" or "jock". The human
brain is designed to recognize and identify patterns. One pattern I notice
is how some people trick out their cars really really badly. The way I
identify that bad pattern is to call them "riceboys". It has nothing to do
with race, creed, or nationality, except for the fact that it is derived
from "riceburner" which has been used to describe cars built in Japan.

As far as "dealing with it" when people point it out, all I have to say is
that people who have a problem with terms such as "Geek", "Jock", or
"Riceboy" are mentally incapacitated, and unable to discern offensive,
rascist terms from negative adjectives and nouns.

When I say mental incapacitation, I mean either due to diminished mental
capacity either physical or mental (like people who have fallen prey to
political correctness).

Therefore, it should be no surprise that one of my favorite comedians is
George Carlin, who has a masterful command of the English language. Anyone
who finds George Carlin offensive will probably find me offensive too, and
that is fine by me. I'm not on this planet to make you happy.

THIS IS THE LAST POST OF THIS TOPIC ON THE MAILING LIST. I WILL ONLY
DISCUSS THIS TOPIC FURTHER VIA PERSON-TO-PERSON E-MAIL.

-Khan