Re: Suspensions

>Hey Jeff,
>Just want to add my 2¢ to the thread. I've got a 99 GLX A3 and I went for
>the New Dimensions Stage III set up, with a slight change in their usual
>package. Instead of the Boges that usually come with that package I opted
>for the Billsteins. Stage III includes Nuspeed Softsport springs, bigger
>anti-roll bars (front & rear) and upper front strut tower brace. Lowered the
>car about 1.25". A world of difference. The tendency for the car to "bounce"
>was gone. Turns that would usually send the ass of the car around to see the
>front are now taken without drama. I had ND install the kit, while not cheap
>($1600+) I think it was worth every penny and have no regrets. It's too bad
>that these cars don't come from the factory that way. The car now has that
>tight "German" feel. It's not harsh over bumps, feels much more solid
>totally driveable on a daily basis, and the handling improvement is amazing.
>I'm still running the stock GA's, and while I'm not impressed with the tires
>themselves (most people rate them as poor) the handling of the car is great.
>I can't wait to put some Yokahamas on and see an even bigger improvement.

You paid $1600 for your suspension, but you're only getting $1000
worth out of it. Go out, buy some new performance tires, and you'll
see what I mean. It's like connecting to the super-fast Internet
backbone with some tin cans and string-- the impact that the part of
your suspension that actually touches the road (read: tires) can make
is often ignored/forgotten... You'll see what I mean when you get
your new tires. :)

-Khan
--

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax