Re: Suspensions

Hey Jeff,
Just want to add my 2¢ to the thread. I've got a 99 GLX A3 and I went for
the New Dimensions Stage III set up, with a slight change in their usual
package. Instead of the Boges that usually come with that package I opted
for the Billsteins. Stage III includes Nuspeed Softsport springs, bigger
anti-roll bars (front & rear) and upper front strut tower brace. Lowered the
car about 1.25". A world of difference. The tendency for the car to "bounce"
was gone. Turns that would usually send the ass of the car around to see the
front are now taken without drama. I had ND install the kit, while not cheap
($1600+) I think it was worth every penny and have no regrets. It's too bad
that these cars don't come from the factory that way. The car now has that
tight "German" feel. It's not harsh over bumps, feels much more solid
totally driveable on a daily basis, and the handling improvement is amazing.
I'm still running the stock GA's, and while I'm not impressed with the tires
themselves (most people rate them as poor) the handling of the car is great.
I can't wait to put some Yokahamas on and see an even bigger improvement.

Chris
99 GLX A3 Silver/Black
Neuspeed Stage III