Re: [gtivr6list] Timing Chain

My 97 GLX was experiencing the same thing (but also under load) so I
had the dealer take a look.  In the end, they replaced the tensioners,
guides, both chains, and the cam sprockets.  The worst part for me was
seeing my engine in pieces.

Luckily for me my extended warranty covered it (the bill was twice
what the warranty cost me) after I proved that the car was extremely
well maintained.

Cheers,

> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:54:42 -0400
> From: "Jim Chu" <jimchu@erols.com>
> Subject: Re: [gtivr6list] Timing Chain
>
> If you hear a clacking sound, it's just the tensioner.  Do worry,
drive
> happy.
>
> Jim

I have a