Check Engine Light

How can I find out what is causing my check engine light to come on?

I was told to get the fault codes....well how do you do this?

Sorry if this seems like basic questions, but I don't know anything about
this and my dealership is very rude about checking these things and I really
don't want to ever have to go back.  So if there is someone that can help out
in the Reading/King of Prussia/ Philly area that can help out, Let me know.

BTW - I Won't be able to make it over to AWE Tuning in time to have him check
it due to the hours I work.  Otherwise Todd would be where I would be at.

Jeff