Re: VR6 0-60 times

In a message dated 04/06/2000 10:38:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kevin.ng@bankofamericacf.com writes:

> [...]

The "new" manifold design does enhance the low end, but this is only
noticeable in normal driving and when doing street starts.  When running
hard, this advantage is nullified since you are starting at a higher rpm,
closer to the meat of your power curve.  You spend most of your time between
4000 and 6500 rpms when running the 1/4 mile.  This is when the A3 has the
advantage with it's better power to weight ratio.  The A3 GLX tips the scales
at 2915 lbs.  The A4 comes in at 3064 lbs.  If you do the math, the A4 has to
pull 17.6 lbs for every 1 HP, while the A3 only has to deal with 16.9.

Marc A. Brown
Speed Etc. Motorsports
Club GTI International (Northeast Region)
"Cogito Ergo Sum"
1995 Jetta GLX (well modded)
1998 New Beetle 2.0 (still stock)