Re: moonroof

At 10:21 AM -0600 04/04/2000, D.J. Bergesen wrote:
>Ok. I try to ask this question at intervals, because I want to avoid
>repeating with great frequency. However, I still need to ask it,
>because no one ever answers - even to say they don't know...
>
>My moonroof rattles. It does it when closed or tilted, but NOT when
>slid open. When tilted, the sound can be dampened by sticking (I
>should say 'wedging' my hand in the opening on the drivers side - I
>can feel some plastic thing, but that has less effect than pushing
>up on the actual glass. Also, when closed, the only way to quiet it
>is to press up HARD on the glass. Someone HELP ME, PLEASE! IT'S
>DRIVING ME MAD!!! It's even annoying me when the stereo is up full
>blast!!!
>
>Dave

OK, to make sure you see it this time, here goes: (Caps lock
humorously intended):

THIS SAME PROBLEM OCCURRED IN MY CAR. I FINALLY GOT IT FIXED, UNDER
WARRANTY AT THE DEALER. I HAD TO GO THERE TWICE UNTIL IT GOT FIXED
FOR GOOD. FOR YOUR BENEFIT, I CALLED THE DEALERSHIP JUST NOW AND THIS
IS WHAT THEY TOLD ME THE PROBLEM WAS AND HOW THEY FIXED IT:

	REMOVE AND INSTALL SUNROOF AND DRIP RAIL. TEST DRIVE AND INSULATE
	DRIVING HARNESS. AND THAT CURED THE RATTLE. 15,000 MILES JULY 1998.

[IT DID NOT CURE THE RATTLE-- IT WENT AWAY FOR A SHORT WHILE BUT WAS SOON BACK]

	CHECK FOR RATTLE IN LEFT SIDE OF SUNROOF. REMOVE HEADLINER AND LOWER
	SUNROOF FRAME. PUT INSULATION BETWEEN SUNROOF FRAME AND BODY. SEPT. 17
	1998.

THAT IS THE LAST TIME THEY DID THE WORK, AND EVER SINCE THEN IT HAS BEEN FINE.

I'm pretty sure I responded last time to your message, but this time
hopefully, you'll get it fixed. :)

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax