Re: GLX purchase?

Shaun-

My advice would be the following. Decide if you want two doors or
four. That'll help you decide on the GTI or the Jetta.

Next, determine how much power you're willing to spend for. It's not
easy to inexpensively get the 2.0 Liter engine to 172hp.

Once you've got that determination, you'll spend between $13,500 (2.0
GTI) to $18,500 (2.8 Jetta GLX) for a 96/97 VW, depending on mileage
and how the car was treated. For me the clear choice was the Jetta
GLX, as it was for most of the people on this list.

You also mentioned the 1.8T. It looks like a great powerplant, but if
you're looking at the MK3 Jettas and GLX's, a 1.8T may be out of your
range (considering you'll have to buy a New Jetta or an Audi A4 to
get one).

-K

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax