RE: insurance (long)

No, whether or not there was a passsing zone or not does not magically give
Clown (at the stop sign) the right of way. A car at a stop sign ALWAYS
yields to a car in the road, no matter whether they are in the right or
wrong lane or even going in the right or wrong direction....

A stop sign means that you stay stopped until you are clear to go. Clear
means that you can see in both directions on both sides fo the road...

Do I need to break out the uniform traffic regs for a bunch of states? Don't
they teach anyone what the "right of way" means anymore? Or what a stop sign
means? I KNOW that noone knows what a "Yield" or "Merge" sign means
anymore....

And to finish. You are trying to put blame on this guy because he crossed
the line to go around a turning car at a time that was (or could have been)
inconvenient to you. Exactly how many times have you done the exact same
thing that he has, but without someone there to notice?

90% of the people on the roads today, myself included, break the driving
rules EVERY time they get in the car. In my case I always drive fast, and
tend to tailgate a little. But unfortunately, the courts system still thinks
that the rules actual mean something to drivers. Just because certain things
aren't as actively enforced as others doesn't mean that the judge won't nail
you with a citation or judgement when you are put into a court situation.

Get all the lawyers you want. In the end, you didn't have the right of way.
If there had been an accident, you both would have gotten a ticket. Him for
passing in a no passing zone. You for failure to yield right of way. Two
wrongs mean that neither of you would be getting money from each other and
your individual insurance companies would swing for your repairs (if you had
collision) minus the nice deductible that you are obligated to pay.....

Sorry for being long... but I don't think Clown gets it yet......he still
doesn't even bother to capitalize or punctuate so that you can understand
what the hell he is saying.....

-Cab