Re: Morning Commute $$$$$$$$$$

Khan Klatt wrote:

> At 10:19 AM -0400 9/23/99, chris collier wrote:
> >I now have to replace my front bumper cover, the front grill, and the AC
> >condenser core
> >
> >Grand Total $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>
> That sucks! Hopefully insurance covers this? And good thing it didn't
> do damage to your spoiler ;-)

this one is coming out-of-pocket........too much activity on the old
insurance b/c of July 4th weekend; hit and runs!!!!!!!

> -Khan
>
> (Still wondering what the hell piece of "X" was?

as best as i can tell, during the .000000000001 seconds it took place in; it
looked like a piece of solid rubber 1/12"X2"X12", and it seemed to have a
metal plate about 3/16" thick along one side

> Did it get recovered?

no, i think that it went on to potentially damage more cars

> What the hell did that kind of damage? What was the speed
> of travel at that stage -- I mean holy crap, how fast do you have to
> go to get something to penetrate the cover, the grill, and ruin the
> core?

I was in heavy highway traffic, going no more than ~70mph

> This could have KILLED you if it was higher?)

i have heard this from others, and didn't think about it until recent; but
YES you are right; better the bumper/grill/condensor than my head