Coilovers

Hi Guys
Recently I noticed  strange noise coming from my front end suspension, had a guy take look at it and he said that slowly but surely my suspension is going bad ( Chicago streets). Then I thought COILOVERS, and that's where I need a little help. Can you tell me what is so different about CO and maybe point me to right resource, possibly on the web. I heard that coilovers are much different from standard suspension but I like a little insight   on this issue. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Matt Z. '98 red GLX

Best regards:

Matt Zajac
Technical Analyst