Re: new to list

Hey George,

I was told last week that the contract in Agora Hills (the one that gets
me out there) is ending soon.  I'm hoping they keep the office in CA
open for other assignments that will give me the opportunity to head
out to the west-coast and hang out with you and your crew.  I wish
I could describe the grief I feel knowing I may not get another chance
to check out the Cali scene for free.  If I don't get out there anytime
soon, I will surely try to save up some money and fly out there with
my girlfriend for vacation or something.  I'll have to show her what the
canyon runs "Cali style" are like.

My Jetta is finally getting a decent amount of mods on her (slowly but
surely).  The money situation is tight right now, so it will be a while before
I do much else.  I think my next mod will be free (polishing the intake
manifold runners).  BTW...  just so you know, I won 1st place at
Waterfest '99!!!  I couldn't believe I actually won 1st.  I was placed in
the A3 Jetta VR6 (stock) category though... so my ultimate goal is to
win 1st in the modified category some day (won't be anytime soon).
It is really cool having a 1st place trophy :) :) :)

BTW...  I nearly freaked out when I saw your car in the first issue of
VWTuner magazine.  I kept on telling people that I drove that very car
in cali.  :)  Congrats on the magazine article.  Do you have any other
showings in other magazines?  Maybe Performance VW???

Anyways...  hope I can meet up with you soon.  I'm curious about what
is under the hood of your GLX these days (turbo perhaps?!?!).

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson...