RE: Understeer problems

Anthony,

As you have heard... your problem is torque-steer.  I have a '98 GLX with
stock suspension & rims and had a real problem with torque-steer during
the first few months of my ownership.  I also noticed my steering wheel
wasn't completely center, so I ended up paying for a 4-wheel alignment.
This not only got rid of my crooked steering wheel, IT ALSO GOT RID
OF 90% OF MY TORQUE-STEER!!  :)
I only experience torque-steer when I quickly accelerate under bumpy
roads.

I hope this helps a bit.  I only wish VWOA placed a recall of our VW's
for a free 4-wheel alignment.  As many of you know, torque-steer can
be very dangerous (especially when your car takes control of where it
wants to go!)... and apparently, many VW's left the Puebla plant with
poor alignments.

-Chuck Simpson...
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6
-Garrett Chip v.11