From: Chuck Simpson [mailto:csimpson@zeltech.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 1999 6:02 AM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: RE: 30,000 maintanance

I always figured the maintenance schedule was decided by the dealer (in a
way).  I have a '98 GLX and my dealer has a major 30K/60K/90K maintenance
schedule that costs approximately $380 (rental car included).  They also
have a 3K mile oil change service as well.  I think VW just has recommended
intervals (ie. 10K oil changes).  I personally believe 10K is WAY TOO LONG
to have that oil sloshing around in my engine, especially with the way I
drive.

-Chuck Simpson...