Mk4 Owners Beware

Not a big deal, but just a little something to watch out for...

The door trim strips on the Mk4 Jettas are not glued on all that well, and
if the rear door starts letting loose, you can end up bending that one back
at about 90 deg. (creasing it), and at the same time peeling off the front
trim strip.

Luckily, when this little incident happened to me this morning, nothing was
scratched.  I called the dealer, and it will take a week to get new trim
strips.  I, of course, assume this will be covered by my warranty.  Even
though it shouldn't cost anything, I lose an hour or 2 to getting it fixed
and my baby looks like crap for a week, so excercise caution when opening
the back doors.  Check if that strip is loose and get it re-glued if it is.

This is my 1st, and only problem with my '00 in the first 8 weeks and 2k
miles (knock on wood).

Joe

'00 GLS VR6
Black/Tan