Subs rattling something

I've been running my happy Dual sub Bandpass Kenwood box thingy (it's
a Kenwood built enclosure w/ two Kenwood tens and a really attractive
plexiglass window) off a Kenwood mono amp. I've been running the amp
at 240Wx1 at 2 ohms, but am looking for an amp that will put out
about 150x2 at 4 ohms so's to run 'em in stereo. (I know, two ohms is
cleaner, but I've been straining the thing, and it keeps overheating
and cutting out)

My problem is NOT finding the amp, rather figuring out what the HELL
is rattling in my trunk/rear deck area. I've gotten some metallic
chatter lately, and I think it's coming from the seat belt
coil-thingys (what are those called again?). I can actually see the
carpeted deck vibrate with the loud low freqs, so it OBVIOUSLY needs
dampening, but how do I get it out? Do I have to remove the speakers
to do so? Also, if the seat belt runners are making the noise, how
do I get rid of it?

Thanks,
DJBergesen
VWaffe: 96.5+ GLX VR6 "soon to be in WA" edition