Oil Change

Listers,
   I had my oil changed last month and then again today.   last month I
noticed that after the oil change the oil temp was still pretty high, today
same thing.
   When I dropped it off the oil was at about 212, an hour and a half later
and new oil that was in my cold trunk ( Yes I have a Jetta) the oil is at
170.    I know oil absorbs heat but I didn't think it would heat up that
quick.   I was thinking that with new oil it would not be registering yet.
My dealer only drives the car from the sevice bay to the lot.
   Any thoughts from the all knowing list?

OT:   As far as people on the list go, aren't there people on the list who
dont even have a GTI or a VR6 or even a VW.   I seem to recall people on the
list just interested in the GTI-VR6

Brian
98 TRed GLX 127 hp edition (4500ft)
http://homepages.msn.com/YosemiteDr/bkvr6/index.html