Sub causes rattle in trunk...

While we've got a few people talking about sub-woofers here, I've got a
question.  I have a 10" in a box in my trunk and I really like it.  The only
problem is that whenever I listen to something with a lot of bass turned up
loud, something rattles back there.  I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I
have learned that if a passenger in the back seat pushes down on the (what do
I call it?... the carpeted lid thing behind the seats that the stock speakers
are mounted in) then the rattle stops.  Anyone have this problem?  Any
advice?

TIA,
ROB
'97 GLX with loud stereo