RE: 30,000 maintanance

I just brought my '98 in for it's 30,000 service.  They told me
to come back at 40,000 because that's the "new" service
interval.  They change plugs (at $15 a pop) filters, fluids,
and check for leaks and anything that's visible.  No real
in depth checks.  I got it serviced anyways, and the cost
came to $330 plus tax.  I guess, they changed the service
interval in 96 or 97, because the cars were coming back in
such good condition.  I knew my plugs were going downhill,
so I had them do the service.  They should also rotate the
tires (every 10k)  I hoped they would wash the car too, but
for $350, I guess that's not included.  Thanks VW...  :(

			BEN