Hella Lenses

Ok gang, this is going to make me sound extremely cheap, but here goes.

I am able to get an inexpensive set of the Hella Surrounds painted to match
my car.  Just the surrounds, not the lenses.

Here's the question:
    Is it possible to get lenses that would fit inside these Hella surrounds
fairly cheaply and have them look good?  I know when you buy them from hella,
they are as much as a new kit, so thats probably out of the question.  I
noticed that some BMW headlights are the same diameter, or appear so.  Or
also maybe some PIAA style touring lights to fit in the place of the
headlights.  I really don't have the money to break down and buy a set of
Dual lights, is what it comes down to.  I want it to look decent, and for a
decent price.
    Am I out of my mind, or could this be do-able?  BTW--I am pretty
mechanically inclined, so I can fabricate mounting brackets if I have to.
And don't call me a Cheap Ass, I know this...

thanks!!
Matt
http://www.vr6.org/matts.htm