belt pulley/accessories

I started hearing a loud humm comming from something
on the serpentine belt. I took the belt off and
checked for any play in the pulleys. Found a little
wiggle in the pulley (left and down) from the tension
pulley. Could this cause the humm? Its attached to the
block (it looks like). With the belt off it spins
freely. Does anyone know what this pulley is attached
too, or is it just a guide pulley for the belt? Looks
like I can't get it off without lifting the engine.
Anyone have any problems with acccesories on the belt?
Any noise?