Hitches

Hey all.  I'm looking for advice from those who have towed things with
your Jetta GLX.  I am buying a car from a friend in New York and plan to
pull it somehow with a 97 Jetta GLX from NY back here to UT.  This will
be approximately 2200 miles of towing.  What's the best way to go about
doing this?  I will probably end up renting one of those two-wheel
dollies from U-Haul.  If I borrowed or rented a full trailer, would I
exceed the towing capacity for the Jetta?  I don't have a manual, btw.
Could someone clue me in what the towing capacity is?

What's a good place/website to get a hitch?  I would need one that would
handle approximately 2500 pounds including the weight of the dollie.
How do the hitches attach to the car?

Any advice is appreciated!  Any alternative ideas on getting this car to
Utah are welcome too.  I checked on a few movers, but they want in the
neighborhood of $1000!  Ouch, no thanks.  Anyone know of a good priced
mover?

-Mike
88 Scirocco 16V
97 Jetta GLX