RE: 2000 VR6 - Gas mileage woes.

How empty do you run your VR6?
Keep track of how many miles vs. how many gallons are needed to
re-fill your tank at the station.  Even though my gas needle
says "E"... I may still have 1.5 gallons left in the tank (which
equals approx. 50 miles left).

If you haven't leased your vehicle, you may want to consider buying
an aftermarket chip to help increase gas-mileage and give your
VR6 some extra pep.
I have a '98 VR6 with a Garrett chip and I generally average
30-32 mpg on highway and 24-25 mpg city.  Like I said in an earlier
posting, I hit 400 miles on one tank of gas (all highway of course).
This was a noticable difference with stock mileage (20/27).

Another thing to consider...  my alignment was f**ked up from the
factory and I think it affected my mileage.  I noticed my mpg
went up a few clicks after getting an alignment.

Good Luck,

-Chuck Simpson
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6