Re: RE: Steve Belt - Supercharged

Hey Guys
I have heard that any type of forced induction (turbo, kompressor) would sgnificantly shorthen the life of the engine. Can you tell me what you think, if its true or not and to what extent?

Any information will be greatly appreciated...

Matt Z.

>>> "D.J. Bergesen" <achtungvr6@hotmail.com> 10/21 6:46 PM >>>

Steve,

Scottsdalian, eh? Love that place.

You asked before about (and mentioned again) your intent to boost the VR6. I
haven't done it yet, but if I do eventually decide to keep this instead of
moving to a big brother (2.8 A4 or 3-Series), I will be getting the
supercharger. I have heard with only 8lbs. of boost, the increase in output
was 100hp. I personally favor mechanical Forced induction over Turbo, simply
because no modifications need to be made to the exhaust manifold. A higher
flowing exhaust would help, of course, but nothing needs to be done to the
immediate system. Also, the Kompressor fits in the bay beautifully, and not
a lot needs to be done under the hood, although it IS a 10hr install.
Besides, no worries  with spool up, although I hear the turbos installed on
VR6s ain't half bad.
Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the company that does it...
Anyone?

DJBergesen
Tucson, AZ (not for long)