RE: High Speed was RE: Notchy shifter

Ok,
To be more specific.......The solid, smooth, riding-on-rails, bulletproof
feel of a German car at 145mph is actually in no way similar to the
hollow-feeling, buzzy, lack-of-comfort Japanese car at 75mph......the German
car is better! (I stand corrected from my original post.) Of course this is
my opinion as far as driving on everyday type of roads. If I were AutoX'ing,
I'd go Japanese. If I were on a track, I'd go German. For a daily driver
I'll take German over Japanese any day of the week. I appreciate the total
package that Japanese automakers are offering in their sports car....heck, I
even get a kick out of them, but nothing, (I mean NOTHING) feels like a
German car at high speed besides another German car. Let me put it to you
this way......go for a ride in a Supra Turbo or RX-7 or 300ZX TT and you'll
come out of it saying "Wow, that is an awesome ride." and that'll be the end
of it. Go for a ride in a Porsche 996, MB E55 or BMW M5 and you'll get out
and say "Holy Sh**!" You will then proceed to go home and clean the undies.
Once again, I am just expressing my opinion.....I appreciate what Japanese
automakers contribute to the auto industry, but it just doesn't do it for
me.....they have the feel of a cheap thrill ride. With the German stuff you
FEEL the quality with every turn of the wheel and with every push of the
pedal.
Take care,
-FlyinVR6
ICQ : 8994103