Re: Radio install details - long

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Belt, Stephen D wrote:

> After three fatal attempts by the dealer to install said system, I
> finally did some better research and found people that knew what they
> were doing.  It was recommended that if I really wanted an in-dash CD,
> I needed to commit to a new head unit, speakers, sub, and amp.  There
> is a 2 ohm to 4 ohm converter that would have allow the stock speakers
> to "work", but the sound would have been pretty bad (worse than stock).

If you have the A3 bose system, I'll say it again:

Attach the +, tape off the ground, and you are set.  No new speakers.
And they sound 100x better with a better head unit.  I didn't install
a sub, but I suppose if I wanted to the pre-outs on my Clarion 7375
would work just fine.  But even without a sub, it sounds good.

--
                               John A. Kilpatrick
john@hypergeek.net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/