RE: Notchy shifter

At 5:30 PM -0600 10/21/99, Chadwick, John/COR/INV wrote:
>I have a picture of it on my computer. E-mail me directly if you want to see
>it. I've met the guy personally.

Anyone driving 151mph better not have time to take a photograph of
the speedo, so proof of a photograph isn't all that believable in
this day of digital photo retouching (shoot I've taken people out of
pictures before). And finally, even if the speedo did show 151 mph,
the car was probably really going 145 or lower. The speedo's in our
A3's tend to overexaggerate the speed at which we're going.

A better gauge of speed is the trip computer's average speed
indicator when reset at speed. It typically shows speeds anywhere
between 1 and 7mph slower (the slower the faster you are going).

-Khan