Re: Caliper Question: Paint

chris collier wrote:

> Hi all, chris collier here,
>
> Question for those of you who have painted your calipers.
>
> Did you use and special surface preparation, other than adequate
> cleaning?
>
> I am assuming that Brake Kleen is the best to use?!
>
> Did you use any type of primer before applying paint?
>
> One last thing, what kind of paint was determined to be the most
> effective. Was it engine enamel from a auto parts store? Spray or liquid
> form?
>
> I have been to the archives, but would appreciate further explanations
> from the list.
>
> Thank You,
>
> chris
>
> collier@iglou.com

 Mine have been done for 2 years now.  I used brake cleaner and a wire brush
to clean the calipers.   Wash w/ soap and water when done and allow to dry
real good.  I used Krylon spray paint, and applied several nice, thin
coats.  2 years later, they still look great (when clean!)  ;)

--

-Steve.

http://users.sgi.net/~vwsport/97gti