RE:

Hey that's me.  Ok, to recap, last year shortly after I brought my car I
started having problems with the seat.  When I would turn, stop, and go the
seat would tilt.  I complained to the dealer of these problems.  Every time
they would tighten a bolt under the seat and tell me it was fixed.  After
2 - 3 days the seat would start tilting again.  After the third time at the
dealer I decided to bring my complaints up a notch (you know "I want to talk
to your manager's manager").  Also when I got the follow-up call I gave it
to them as well.  The dealer called me up shortly after the third visit and
told me to bring in the car for a VW rep to take a look at the seat.  When I
brought the car in I told the rep my story as we went out for a test drive
(he was driving).  He felt the problem right away and he promised me that he
would have the problem fixed and apologized for the run around that I had
went through.  To make a long story short, they kept the car for a few days
and put in a new seat frame, which took care of the problem.  Oh. BTW I do
not recall anyone requesting I post a follow-up to the seat problem.  If I
recall correctly there was little interest at the time because of a thread
going on about scanners and radar detectors.  If anyone needs additional
info please email me and I'll be happy to full you in on the details.

Thanks
Franklin